PCDA Circular No.596 – 7th Central Pay Commission – Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for Pre-01.01.2016 Defence Forces pensioners
Circular No. 596
Dated: 09th February, 2018
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai- 400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks including IDBI Bank
3. Nodal Officers, ICICl/ HDFC/ AXIS/ IDBI Banks
4. Managers, All CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, Chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries, All States
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, RK Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K)
13. The Post Master Camp Bell Bay
14. The Pr. Pay and Accounts Officer, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair
Subject: Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC)- Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for Pre-01.01.2016 Defence Forces pensioners reg.
Reference: This office Circular No. 570 dated 31.10.2016, Circular No. 582 dated 05.09.2017 and Circular No. 585 dated 21.09.2017.
(Available on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in)
Copy of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 23rd January, 2018 on the above subject, which is self-explanatory, is forwarded herewith for further necessary action at your end.
2. In terms of Para-2 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pension/ Policy) dated 04th September,2017, Disability Element of Disability Pension to Armed Forces Pensioners has to be revised by multiplying the existing rate of Disability Element as had been drawn on 31.12.2015 by factor of 2.57 to arrive at revised rate of Disability Element as on 01.01.2016. Further, in terms of Para-5.2 & 5.3 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(02)/D(Pension/Policy) dated 05th September’ 2017, Disability Pensionary awards has to be revised on notional pay fixation method and benefits of broad banding will be given to discharge cases also as in invalided out cases and these will be done by issuing Corrigendum Pension Payment Order (PPO).
3. Now, consequent upon the issue of GOI, MOD letter dated 23rd January, 2018, the cases where Armed Forces Pensioners who were retired/ discharged voluntary or otherwise with disability and they were in receipt of Disability/ War Injury Element as on 31.12.2015, their extent of disability/ War Injury Element shall be re-computed in the following manner given below, before applying the multiplication factor of 2.57 on existing disability/ war injury element as on 31.12.2015 for getting the revised disability/ war injury element as on 01.01.2016 in accordance to Para-2 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pension/ Policy) dated 04th September’ 2017.
|Accepted percentage of disability||
Percentage to be reckoned for computing of Disability Element
|20% or more but less than 50%||
|Between 50% to 75%||
|Between 76% to 100%||
4. The Note below Para-12 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 29th October, 2016 (circulated vide Circular No. 570 dated 31.10.2016) stands deleted. In other words, quantum of additional pension available to old age pensioners after attaining the age of 80 years and above shall also be admissible on revised disability/ war injury element.
5. It is also stated that PDAs may take utmost care during revision of Disability/War Injury Element as per this order in those cases where the pensioners who are in receipt of 50% of Disability/ War Injury Element of Disability/ War Injury Pension. If the individual has already been given rounding of benefit through PPO (in invalided out cases) then rounding of benefit in such cases should not be given. However, where his disability was assessed as 50% in discharge cases then it will be rounded to 75% as mentioned in Para-3 above. If the PDAs found any problem regarding identification of such cases the same may please be forwarded to Audit Section of this office.
6. All Pension Disbursing Agencies handling disbursement of pension to the Defence Pensioner are hereby authorized to pay benefit of rounding off disability/ war injury and additional pension as per Para 3 & 5 above without any further authorization from the concerned Pension Sanctioning Authorities.
7. Provisions of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 23rd January, 2018 shall take effect from 01.01.2016.
8. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in for dissemination to all alongwith Defence pensioners and Pension Disbursing Agencies.
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Dated 23rd January, 2018
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject– Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) – Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for pre-1.1.2016 Defence Forces pensioners reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No. 17(01)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 29th October’ 2016 modified vide letter No 17(01)/2017(01)/ D(Pension/Policy) dated 4th September, 2017 for revision of pension of pre-2016 Defence Forces pensioners/ family pensioners in implementation of the Government decisions on the recommendations of the 7th CPC. As per the same, disability element/ liberalized disability element/ war injury element of Defence Forces pensioners have been revised by the pension disbursing agencies by multiplying the existing rate of disability element as on 31.12.2015, by factor of 2.57 to arrive at revised rate of disability element as on 1.1.2016. The Ministry vide letter No 17(01)/2017(02)/D(Pension/Policy) dated 5th September, 2017 have also issued orders for revision of pension including disability element by issue of corrigendum PPO based on notional pay fixed as on 1.1.2016 in the 7th CPC pay matrix corresponding to the pay in the pay scale/ pay band 86 grade pay in which the pensioner had retired. The later order of 5th September, 2017 allows the benefit of broad banding of disability in cases of retirement/ discharge voluntary or otherwise with disability/war injury and additional pension on disability/war injury element to be authorized by issue of corrigendum PPO
2. In partial modification of Ministry’s said order dated 29th October, 2016 as modified, the President is now pleased to decide that in cases where Armed Forces pensioners who were retired/discharged voluntary or otherwise with disability and were in receipt of disability/war injury element as on 31.12.2015, their extent of disability shall be re-computed in the following manner before applying the multiplication factor of 2.57 on existing disability/war injury element to arrive at the revised disability element/war injury element as on 1.1.2016.
3. Rates for calculation of disability where composite assessment has been made due to existence of disability as well as war injury, shall be determined in terms of provision contained in Para 3(b) of Ministry’s letter No.16(02)/2015-D(Pen/Pol) dated 8th August 2016. The amount of revised disability element finally arrived shall be rounded off to next higher rupee.
4. The president is also pleased to decide that quantum of additional pension available to old age pensioners after attaining the age of 80 years and above, shall also be admissible on revised disability/war injury element. The Note below para 12 of this Ministry’s above mentioned letter dated 29th October,2016 stands deleted.
5. The provisions of this Ministry’s above -mentioned letter dated 29th October 2016 as modified vide letter dated 4th September,2017 and dated 5th September,2017 which are not affected by the provisions of this letter, shall remain unchanged.
6. PCDA (Pensions) Allahabad shall issue necessary implementation instructions for implementation of provisions of these orders directly by the pension disbursing agencies.
7. The provisions of this letter shall take effect from 1.1.2016.
8. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID No.Part file (i) to 30(01)/2016/Fin/Pen dated 15.12.2017.
9. Hindi Version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India