Tamil Nadu Order – Dearness Allowance in the pre-2006 scales of pay – Enhanced Rate of Dearness Allowance from 1st July, 2017 Tamil Nadu Order – Dearness Allowance in the pre-2006 scales of pay – Enhanced Rate of Dearness Allowance from 1st July, 2017
GOVERNMENT OF TAMILNADU2017
FINANCE (ALLOWANCES) DEPARTMENT G.O.No.299, Dated 10.10.2017(Hevilambi, Purattasi-24, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2048)
ALLOWANCES – Dearness Allowance in the pre-2006 scale of pay – Enhanced Rate of Dearness Allowance from 1st July, 2017- Orders – Issued.
READ – the following papers:
1. G.O.Ms.No.106, Finance (Allowances) Department,dated 26.04.2017.
2. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance,Department of Expenditure, New Delhi, Office Memorandum No.1/3/2008-E.II (B) dated 26.09.2017.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued sanctioning revised rate of Dearness Allowance to those who are getting pay in the pre-2006 scales of pay to State Government employees as detailed below:-
2. The Government of India in its Office Memorandum second read above has enhanced the Dearness Allowance to its employees who are getting pay in the Fifth Central Pay commission scales of pay with effect from 1st July, 2017 and from 264% to 268% with effect from 1st July 2017.
3. Following the orders issued by the Government of India, the Government sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government employees continuing to draw their pay in the pre-2006 scales of pay as indicated below:-
4. The Government also direct that the Dearness Allowance increase shall be paid in cash for the period from July to September, 2017.
5. While working out the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise.
6. The Government also direct that the revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned above, shall be admissible to full time employees who are at present getting Dearness Allowance and paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rates. The revised rates of Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall not be admissible to part time employees.
7. The revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order will also apply to the teaching and non-teaching staff working in aided educational institutions, employees under local bodies, employees governed by the University Grants Commission/All India Council for Technical Education scales of pay, the Teachers/Physical Education Directors/Librarians in Government and Aided Polytechnics and Special Diploma Institutions, Village Assistants in Revenue Department, Noon Meal Organisers, Child Welfare Organisers, Anganwadi Workers, Cooks, Helpers, Panchayat Secretaries/Clerks in Village Panchayat under Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department.
8. The expenditure shall be debited to the detailed head of account ’03. Dearness Allowance’ under the relevant minor, sub-major and major heads of account.
9. The Treasury Officers / Pay and Accounts Officers are requested to make payment of the revised Dearness Allowance when bills are presented without waiting for the authorisation from the Principal Accountant General(A&E) Tamil Nadu, Chennai-18.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT